A: Where did you go over the long weekend?
A: 長周末你去了哪兒?
B: We went camping! That was my first time.
B: 我們去露營了!這是我第一次露營。
A: How long did you stay in Rome?
A: 你在那裡待了多久?
B: I stayed there for three days, and then headed to Venice.
B: 待了三天,然後前往威尼斯。
A: How was your hotel?/ What was your hotel like?
A: 你待的旅館如何?
B: It was alright. It was a bit small, but we weren’t in the hotel most of the time.
B: 還可以。有一點小,但大多時間我們也不在旅館。
A: How did you get there?
A: 你們怎麼去的?
B: Some of us drove; some took the train and then the shuttle bus.
B: 有些人開車,有些人搭火車再轉接駁車。
A: What was your favourite food/ restaurant?
A: 你最喜歡(那裡的)什麼食物/餐廳?
B: A fusion restaurant called Zola. It was a bit pricey, but it was worth it.
B: 一間叫Zola的創意料理餐廳。有一點貴,但是值得的。
What kind of accomodation do you prefer? Hotels, Airbnbs, or hostels?
你偏好哪一種住宿?旅館,Airbnb,或是青年旅社?
Are you (more of) an outdoor traveler or a city traveler?
你(比較)喜歡戶外旅行或是城市旅行?
When is the best time of year to visit South America?
什麼時間點去南美洲旅行最適合?
Do you usually travel light?
你通常都輕裝旅行嗎?
A: Have you (ever) been to Asia?
A: 你去過亞洲嗎?
B: I have never been, but I have always wanted to go.
B: 我從沒去過,但一直很想去。
Have you ever traveled over Christmas?
你曾在聖誕假期間外出旅行嗎?
Have you ever missed a flight?
你曾經錯過班機嗎?
When are you leaving/ flying out?
你們什麼時候出發/什麼時候飛?
Are you going on a tour or on your own?
你們是跟團還是自己走?
When will you be back?
你什麼時候回來?
聊到和目前事實相反,或是發生機率小、但仍有可能發生的事,可以這麼說:
If + 主詞 + 過去簡單式, 主詞 + would/could/might 動詞
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you like to go?
如果你可以選世界上任一個地方,你會想去哪裡?
If someone was visiting your city, where would you bring them?
有人造訪你的城市,你會帶他們去哪些地方?
Would you stay longer if you could?
如果可以待久一點,你會嗎?
當你知道對方剛從羅馬回來,很自然可以問他待了多久:
How long did you stay in Rome?
對方回答後,就可以再運用「條件式」句型詢問:
Would you stay longer if you could? Why is that?
問一個人有沒有錯過班機的經驗:
Have you ever missed a flight?
當對方說有,只要簡單的接:What happened?話題就可以延續下去了。
本文摘錄自一張圖搞懂 旅行研究所 2019年04月號
訂閱雜誌
世界公民文化中心是一所兩年制英語學院。
以「英語島學程」獨有的一對一教學和國際商業趨勢同步的團體討論課程,幫助企業人士善用英語整合能力,達成個人和企業國際化的目標,為高科技與國際跨國公司仰賴的商務英語學習機構。